Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Avatar

Ok, so I got around seeing Avatar sooner than I thought. I figured I'd just wait to see it at home because I'm a bum when it comes to going the movies. However, I do love watching movies on crappy days...and wasn't yesterday one of them. SO yeah I was pretty excited that it was going to be in 3D, with my luck though, I ended up going to a theatre that doesn’t have the technology to play 3D films, so I saw it in 2D. It’s strange to think but I am curious if in 5 years all movies will be 3D or however long it takes for theaters to upgrade. I am not sure I’d like to wear those glasses at every movie I go to see so I am hopeful that maybe one day we won’t need them to see 3D.
Honestly the only reason I really wanted to see Avatar was to experience a 3D film, who doesn’t enjoy those every once in a while. I was bummed out, but to tell you the truth, the movie wasn’t a letdown either way. I like the main character Sam Worthington I think that’s his name… he was good in the Terminator movie with Christian Bale. I love the idea that a fantasy world like Pandora exists even though it’s a scary thought that aliens or what not could easily kill us or be the greater species somehow. Movies are perfect for striking fear or imagination into people. Avatar was definitely a movie that made me question the motives behind the person who thought of it. I get so angry when innocent people are killed or attacked due to greed. For those who saw this movie how did you feel about the general? To me he was a macho-head whose ego stood in the way of his eyes and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment