Friday, April 23, 2010

"Don't believe the hype"

Lately I've wanted to find better skin care products and makeup. I just recently got a good job so I think it’s time to treat myself right. The problem is I don't know where to look. Now of days everything seems to have some kind of media ad trying to get your attention to buy it. I bought Bareminerials a few months ago, and what the company says about its product is almost 100% true. It gives great coverage and makes your skin look natural. However, it seems to be drying my skin out. After I talked to some of my friends who own bareminerals most of them agree that it is drying their skin out. I did some research and found out that mineral makeup is not good for the majority of people’s skin. I wish the ad said something like that! I'm beginning to lose trust in ads run on TV. I think if a product is that great word of mouth would be the best marketing it could have. I am not sure how other people are feelings towards ads on tv, but I myself am tired of them. Every time I try new mascara I am let down. It never ends up looking like it does on the commercial. So I wonder how they get away with such exaggerations. I guess the term, “results may vary,” has something to do with it. I think if a product is not doing what it says it can do for more than 75% of people who test it out, then it should not be able to claim that it has worked because it most likely only worked for one person! Ahhh…any suggestions on how to shop for products true to their “advertising”.

1 comment:

  1. My wife is gearing up for a career change--she's going back to school to be an aesthetician. It seems like the way to go is to find a salon or care provider you really trust, and then work with them to find product that really works for YOU. The problem, of course, is that this isn't cheap on several levels. But the personal connection and service seems to go a long way--versus the hit-and-miss of trying out products marketed broadly. Good luck w/ this!

    ReplyDelete