Monday, February 22, 2010

Shutter Island..not a spoiler

So after waiting at the movie theater for two hours I was finally able to buy tickets to Shutter Island at 10:25pm. Everyone in the cinema who obviously hadn't seen the movie yet was saying how scared they were to see it. I too was frightened and excited at the same time because I thought for once a good terrifying ghost story was going to be directed by one of the greatest directors of all time, Martin Scorsese. I was wrong. I really enjoyed the movie, but it was a thriller, not a horror flick. For some reason everyone I knew including myself was confused about the plot…I think partially due to the trailers that were played and how they completely avoided the real scheme of the story. I am glad they did it that way because if the trailer gave away any info. the movie would have been ruined for me. If anyone has seen this film were you disappointed by the fact that it has a misleading genre in the trailer? Another thing I was shocked about was the reviews. Before heading to the cinema I checked out some reviews on rottentomatoes.com, which gave the movie 68/100pts. I was a little stunned that people wrote Scorsese was due for a dud. I think this movie was good, I think they wanted it to look like a ghost/horror film to mess your head up and believe me that’s exactly what the movie did. I give it thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment